November 16, 2013

The Color Run, the 11th 5k

This is the 1st Mega 5k (over 2,000 people) that I have done that I would do again, possibly the other Color Run in the spring. Or there are many many others that I'll be considering. I had a blast and now I know not to get a teal bag of powered color (that color sticks/stains ev-ery-thin-g). The run was super fun and I got to bring Maggie, who besides a few toddler mini meltdowns had a good time and was a huge hit among the runners, especially after the teal explosion on her face.

Besides the not picking a dark color as your personal color bag (stick with the skinish tone colors), I would warn you that the color-throwers are instructed to not throw color at the babies, so I didn't get a ton of color on me cause I was pushing Maggie in a stroller, and they kept avoiding me.

And the teal all over maggie is all her own doing. Figures.

Why I'm doing these? Exercise should be fun. I'm running some of them for timed exercise, some of them for a good cause/charity, but most of them I'm running so that my kids grow up knowing that exercising is fun. Super fun, with tutus and crazy color themes and mud run themes and zombies and prom dresses.
If you haven't heard. I'm doing 50 5ks in one year. Today I ran No. 11. Donate to my weird hobby here.
#Happiest5k

Maggie is NOT AMUSED....are my eyes always going in two different directions?
One of the mini meltdowns, I love this picture cause she is so devastated but her shirt says HAPPY
 
About to go through the orange color, oompaloompas ahead

Color Party
Add caption
LOOK MOM, i found some more green in the cupholder
The medusa in the backseat

No comments:

Post a Comment